7th CPC – Grant of Non-Practising Allowance(NPA) at revised rates to IRMS officers
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 04-08-2017
The General Managers
All Indian Railways & PUs
(As Per Mailing list)
Subject: Recommendations of the 7th CPC – Grant of Non-Practising Allowance(NPA) at revised rates to IRMS officers.
Please refer to Board’s letter No.PC-V/2008/A/O/1(NPA), dt 22.09.2008 (RBE No.122/2008) regarding the existing rates of Non-Practising Allowance (NPA) admissible to IRMS Officers and as provided for in para 9 of the Schedule for Rs (RP) Rules,2016, dt. 02.08.2016 (RBE No.93/2016), the question of revision of rates of allowances (except Dearness Allowance) based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission were to be notified subsequently and separately. Until then, all allowances were required to be paid at the existing rates in the existing pay structure (the pay structure based on 6th Pay Commission) as if the pay has not been revised w.e.f 1st January 2016. Accordingly, NPA was also required to be paid at the existing rates specified in the aforesaid Board’s letter dt. 22.09.2008 (RBE No.122/2008).
2. The decisions of the Government on the revised rates of various allowances based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission and in the light of the recommendations of the committee under the Chairmanship of the finance secretary, constituted for this purpose, have since been notified.
3. Accordingly the president is pleased to decide that in modification of the existing rates of NPA as contained in the aforesaid Boards letter dt. 22.09.2008, the NPA shall now be paid at the rate of 20% of the basic pay in the revised pay structure in vogue based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay commission, as contained in the RS(RP) Rules, 2016, subject to the condition that the sum of basic pay and NPA does not exceed Rs.2,37,500 (Rupees two lakh thirty seven thousand and five hundred only). The following conditions shall regulate the grant of NPA under these orders:
(i) the term “Basic Pay” in the revised pay structure shall mean “Basic Pay” as defined in Rule 3(x) of Rs (RP) Rules, 2016, i.e., “Basic Pay” in revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed level in the Pay Matrix.
(ii) The NPA shall continue to be treated as pay for the purpose computation of Dearness Allowance and other allowances, except those allowances in respect of which the applicable orders provide otherwise, including calculation of retirement benefits. Dearness Allowance under these orders shall mean dearness Allowance as sanctioned by the Central Government from time to time in the 7th Pay Commission – related pay structure.
(iii) NPA shall continue to be restricted to those medical posts for which medical qualifications recognised under the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 or under the Dentist Act, 1948 have been prescribed as an essential qualification. The following conditions shall also be fulfilled as hitherto:
(a) The Post is a clinical one
(b) The Post is a whole time post
(c) There is ample scope for private practice and
(d) It is necessary to prohibit private practice in public interest.
4. The revised rare of NPA in terms of these orders shall take effect from 1st July 2017
5. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
6. Hindi version of these order will follow.
Dy.Director, Pay commission-V
Click Here To View The Order copy