AP Issued Orders – NPS To OPS
Govt of AP Issued Orders based on Expert Committee
“In case it is to withdraw the Contributory Pension Scheme and in lieu of it to implement the Statutory Pension Scheme, what will be the legality of such a decision with respect to those who have already retired from service after serving under the Contributory Pension Scheme? or expired while in service?”
GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Contributory Pension Scheme (CPS/NPS)- An Expert Committee for review of the Contributory Pension Scheme and examining demand for continuing Old Pension Scheme – Constituted – Orders – Issued.
FINANCE (HR.3-PENSION-I) DEPARTMENT
G.O.R .RT.No. 2052
Read the following : –
- G.O.Ms.No.653 Finance(Pen-1) Department, dated: 22.09.2004.
- G.O.Ms.No.654 Finance(Pen-1) Department, dated: 22.09.2004.
- G.O.Ms.No.655 Finance(Pen-1) Department, dated: 22.09.2004.
- Representations from various Service Associations, public representatives for restoration of Old Pension Scheme.
In G.O. 1st to 3rd read above, Government of Andhra Pradesh adopted the Government of India’s New Pension Scheme based on Defined Contributions for the employees of the State, who are newly recruited on or after 01.09.2004.
- Several representations and requests have been received from various service associations and people representatives for de-adoption of Contributory Pension Scheme and restoration of Old Pension Scheme for the State Government employees.
- Keeping in view of the representations from the service associations and people representatives, the Government hereby constitute an Expert committee with the following composition.
- Terms of reference for the committee:
: Sri. S.P.Tucker, IAS (Retd),|
Former Chief Secretary to Government
Sri. Peeyush Kumar, IAS ,|
Secretary to Govt (FP), Finance Department
| Member |
Sri. D.Venkata Ramana,|
Secretary to Government, Law Department
|4|| Prof. K. Muniratnam Naidu (Retd),|
Professor in Economics, S.P.Mahila University, Tirupathi
|5|| Prof Galab Professor in Economics,|
Director, CESS, Hyderabad
i. To submit a detailed report analysing the repercussions, both legal and financial of reviewing the Contributory Pension Scheme now in force.
ii. To submit a detailed report analysing the impact of Contributory Pension Scheme on the State Finances.
iii. To suggest propositions regarding the liabilities and risks that may arise out of the agreements entered into with NPS trust and NSDL.
iv. In case it is to withdraw the Contributory Pension Scheme and in lieu of it to implement the Statutory Pension Scheme, suggest propositions for refund of the contributions made by the employees & employer so far?
v. In case it is to withdraw the Contributory Pension Scheme and in lieu of it to implement the Statutory Pension Scheme, what will be the legality of such a decision with respect to those who have already retired from service after serving under the Contributory Pension Scheme? or expired while in service?.
vi. To analyse the status of the scheme in detail and the experiences and current scenarios of other states that have implemented the Contributory Pension Scheme.
vii. In case if the scheme is continued, what are the various steps that can be taken to make it more attractive/beneficial?
viii. To make suggestions in other matters that the committee finds relevant with regard to the review of the Contributory Pension Scheme.
- The term of the committee shall be 3 months from the date of issue of orders.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
ANIL CHANDRA PUNETHA
CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
All Updates Of NPS To OPS
- PFRDA – Awarness About Features To Join NPS
- PFRDA – Public Notice Of Fraudulent Activities In Name Of NPS
- NPS Increased Maximum Age Of Joining 65 Years
- Additional Benefit On Death/Disability Of Government Servant Covered By New Pension Scheme
- Revision Of Additional Relief On Death/Disability Of Government Servants Covered Under New Pension Scheme (NPS)
- National Convention Of Central And State Government Employees – Confederation
- Financial Security For India’s Elderly – PFRDA
- Process Of Registration Submitting Application Transformed From Physical To Online Mode – PFRDA
- Various Charges Levied On NPS Subscribers
- Withdrawal From National Pension Scheme Is Taxed