Holiday List 2019 for Central Govt Employees
Central Government Holidays List 2019 – DoPT Orders dated 11.7.2018
Holidays to be observed in Central Government Offices during the 2019
|REPUBLIC DAY||INDEPENDENCE DAY||MAHATMA GANDHI’S BIRTHDAY|
|BUDDHA PURNIMA||CHRISTMAS DAY||DUSSEHRA|
|DIWALI||GOOD FRIDAY||GURU NANAK’S BIRTHDAY|
|IDU’L FuR||IDU’LZUHA||MAHAVIR JAYANTI|
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
Establishment (JCA-2) Section
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 11th July, 2018
Subject: Holidays to be observed in Central Government Offices during the2019- reg.
It has been decided that the holidays as specified in the Annexure —Ito this O.M. will be observed in all the Administrative Offices of the Central Government located at Delhi/New Delhi during the year 2019. In addition, each employee will also be allowed to avail himself/herself of any two holidays to be chosen by him/her out of the list of Restricted Holidays in Annexure — II
Central Government Administrative Offices located outside Delhi I New Delhi shall observe the following holidays compulsorily in addition to three holidays as per para 3.1 below
- REPUBLIC DAY
- INDEPENDENCE DAY
- MAHATMA GANDHI’S BIRTHDAY
- BUDDHA PURNIMA
- CHRISTMAS DAY
- DUSSEHRA (VIJAY DASHMI)
- DIWALI (DEEPAVALI)
- GOOD FRIDAY
- GURU NANAK’S BIRTHDAY
- IDU’L FuR
- MAHAVIR JAYANTI
- PROPHET MOHAMMAD’S BIRTHDAY (ID-E-MILAD)
3.1. In addition to the above 14 Compulsory holidays mentioned in para 2, three holidays shall be decided from the list indicated below by the Central Government Employees Welfare Coordination Committee in the State Capitals, if necessary, in consultation with Coordination Committees at other places in the State. The final list applicable uniformly to all Central Government offices within the concerned State shall be notified accordingly and no change can be carried out thereafter.
- AN ADDITIONAL DAY FOR DUSSEHRA
- JANAMASHTAMI (VAISHNAVI)
- RAM NAVAMI
- MAHA SHIVRATRI
- GANESH CHATURTHI – VINAYAK CHATURTHI
- SRI PANCHAMI I BASANT PANCHAMI
- VISHU – VAISAKHI – VAISAKHADI – BHAG BIHU – MASHADI UGADI – CHAITRA SUKLADI – CHETI CHAND – GUDI PADAVA – NAVRATRA – NAURAJ – CHHATH POOJA-KARVA CHAUTH.
3.2 No substitute holiday should be allowed if any of the festival holidays initially declared subsequently happens to fall on a weekly off or any other non-working day or in the event of more than one festival falling on the same day.
- The list of Restricted Holidays appended to this O.M. is meant for Central Government Offices located in Delhi I New Delhi. The Coordination Committees at the State Capitals may draw up separate list of Restricted Holidays keeping in view the occasions of local importance but the 9 occasions left over (indicated in para 3.1), after choosing the 3 variable holidays in para 3.1 above, are to be included in the list of restricted holidays.
5.1 For offices in Delhi / New Delhi, any change in the date of holidays in respect of Idu’l Fitr, ldu’l Zuha, Muharram and ld-e-Milad, if necessary, depending upon sighting of the Moon, would be declared by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions after ascertaining the position from the Govt. of NCT of Delhi (DCP, Special Branch, Delhi Police).
5.2 For offices outside Delhi / New Delhi, the Central Government Employees’ Welfare Coordination Committees at the State Capitals are authorised to change the date of holiday, if necessary, based on the decision of the concerned State Governments / Union Territories, in respect of ldu’l Fitr, ldu’l Zuha, Muharram and ld-e-Milad.
5.3 It may happen that the change of date of the above occasions has to be declared at a very short notice. In such a situation, announcement could be made through P.l.BJT.V./A.l.R./ Newspapers and the Heads of Department / Offices of the Central Government may take action according to such an announcement without waiting for a formal order, about the change of date.
- In 2019, Diwali (Deepavali) falls on Sunday, October 27, 2019 (Kartika 05). In certain States, the practice is to celebrate the occasion a day in advance, i.e., on “Naraka Chaturdasi Day”. In view of this, there is no objection if holiday on account of Deepavali is observed on “Naraka Chaturdasi Day (in place of Deepavali Day) for the Central Government Offices in a State if in that State that day alone is declared as a compulsory holiday for Diwali for the offices of the State Government.
- Central Government Organisations which include industrial, commercial and trading establishments would observe upto 16 holidays in a year including three national holidays viz. Republic Day, Independence Day and Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday, as compulsory holidays. The remaining holidays I occasions may be determined by such establishments / organisations themselves for the year 2019, subject to pare 3.2 above.
- Union Territory Administrations shall decide the list of holidays in terms of instructions issued in this regard by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- In respect of Indian Missions abroad, the number of holidays may be notified in accordance with the instructions contained in this Department’s O.M. No.12/5!2002-JCA dated 17th December, 2002. In other words, they will have the option to select 12 (Twelve) holidays of their own only after including in the list three National Holidays and Budha Purnima, Janamashtami (Vaishnava), Diwali, Milad-un-Nabi or ld-e-Milad in the list of compulsory holidays falling on day of weekly off.
- In respect of Banks, the holidays shall be regulated in terms of the extant instructions issued by the Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance.
- Hindi version will follow.
Deputy Secretary (JCA)
Compulsory and Restricted Holidays for CG Employees 2019
THE YEAR 2019 FOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT LOCATED AT DELHI/NEW DELHI
|1940 Saka Era|
|1||Republic Day||Jan 26||Magha 06||Sat|
|2||Maha Shivaratri||Mar 04||Phalguna 13||Mon|
|3||Holi||Mar 21||Phalguna 30||Thu|
|1941 Saka Era|
|4||Mahavir Jayanti||Apr 17||Chaitra 27||Wed|
|5||Good Friday||Apr 19||Chaitra 29||Fri|
|6||Buddha Purnima||May 18||Vaisakah 28||Sat|
|7||Id-Ul-Fitr||Jun 05||Jayaishtha 15||Wed|
|8||Id-Uz-Zuha (Bakrid)||Aug 12||Sravana 21||Mon|
|9||Independence Day||Aug 15||Sravana 24||Thu|
|10||Janmashtami||Aug 24||Bhadra 02||Sat|
|11||Muharram||Sep 10||Bhadra 19||Tue|
|12||Mahatma Gandhi’s Birthday||Oct 02||Asvina 10||Wed|
|13||Dussehra||Oct 08||Asvina 16||Tue|
|14||Diwali (Deepavali)||Oct 27||Kartika 05||Sun|
|15||*Milad-un-Nabi||Nov 10||Kartika 19||Sun|
|16||Guru Nanak’s Birthday||Nov 12||Kartika 21||Tue|
|17||Christmas Day||Dec 25||Pausha 04||Wed|
*Milad-un-Nabi or Id-e-Milad (Birthday of Prophet Mohammad)
LIST OF RESTRICTED HOLIDAYS DURING THE YEAR 2019
|SAKA ERA 1940|
|1||New Year’s day||Jan 01||Pausha 11||Tue|
|2||Lohri||Jan 13||Pausha 23||Sun|
|3||Makar Sankranti||Jan 14||Pausha 24||Mon|
|4||Pongal||Jan 15||Pausha 25||Tue|
|5||Basant Panchami Sri Panchami||Feb 10||Magha 21||Sun|
|6||Guru Ravidas’s Birthday||Feb 19||Magha 30||Tue|
|7||Shivaji Jayanti||Feb 19||Magha 30||Tue|
|8||Swami Dayananda Saraswati Jayanti||Mar 01||Phalguna 10||Thu|
|9||Holika Dahan||Mar 20||Phalguna 29||Wed|
|10||Dolyatra||Mar 21||Phalguna 30||Thu|
|11||Hazarat Ali’s Birthday||Mar 21||Phalguna 30||Thu|
|SAKA ERA 1941|
|12||*Chaitra Sukladi||Apr 06||Chaitra 16||Sat|
|13||Ram Navami (Smarta)||Apr 13||Chaitra 23||Sat|
|14||Vaiskhi Vishu Mesadi||Apr 14||Chaitra 24||Sun|
|15||Vaisakhadi (Bengal) Bahag Bihu (Assam)||Apr 15||Chaitra 25||Mon|
|16||Easter Sunday||Apr 21||Vaisakha 01||Sun|
|17||Guru Rabindranath’s birthday||May 09||Vaisakha 19||Thu|
|18||Jamat -Ul-Vida||May 31||Jyaishtha 10||Fri|
|19||Rath Yatra||Jul 04||Ashadha 13||Thu|
|20||Raksha Bandhan||Aug 15||Sravana 24||Thu|
|21||Parsi New Year’s day Nauraj||Aug 17||Sravana 26||Sat|
|22||Vinayaka Chaturthi Ganesh Chaturthi||Sep 02||Bhadra 11||Mon|
|23||Onam or Thiru Onam Day||Sep 11||Bhadra 20||Wed|
|24||Dussehra (Maha Saptami) (Additional)||Oct 05||Asvina 13||Sat|
|25||Dussehra (Maha Ashtami) (Additional)||Oct 06||Asvina 14||Sun|
|26||Dussehra (Maha Navmi)||Oct 07||Asvina 15||Mon|
|27||Maharishi Valmiki’s Birthday||Oct 13||Asvina 21||Sun|
|28||Karaka Chaturthi (Karva Chouth)||Oct 17||Asvina 25||Thu|
|29||Naraka Chaturdasi||Oct 27||Kartika 05||Sun|
|30||Govardhan Puja||Oct 28||Kartika 06||Mon|
|31||Bhai Duj||Oct 29||Kartika 07||Tue|
|32||Pratihar Shashthi or Surya Shashthi (Chhat Puja)||Nov 02||Kartika 11||Sat|
|33||Guru Tag Bahadur’s Martyrdom Day||Nov 24||Agrahayana 03||Sun|
|34||Christmas Eve||Dec 24||Pausha 03||Tue|
*Chaitra Sukladi/Gudi Padava/Ugadi/Cheti Chand