Maximum 5 Days Emergency Leave for Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS)
Department of Posts (Ministry of Communications) notified on 3rd January 2019 regarding the ‘Emergency Leave for a maximum of Five Days in a calendar year for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevkas (GDS).
Earlier, the Central Government approved and implemented the recommendations of Kamlesh Chandra Committee report to GDS Employees. Now, Central has decided to sanction the Emergency Leave to GDS Employees recommended by the Kamlesh Chandra Committee.
Consolidated instructions provided in the office memorandum and the benefit effective from 1.1.2019.
Emergency Leave 5 Days to GDS granted – DoP Order
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110001
Sub: Implementation of approved recommandations of Kamlesh Chandra Committee on introduction of ‘Emergency” leave for a maximum of 5 days in a calendar year for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS)
The undersigned is directed to convey the approval of the Competent Authority an approved recommendations of Kamlesh Chandra Committee on introduction of ‘Emergency’ leave for a maximum of 5 days in a calendar year for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks, who are engaged on regular basis after due engagement formalities as prescribed in GDS Conduct & Engagement) Rules, 2011 and amended from time to time as per instructions of Directorate,
Keeping in view the above, it has been decided to issue consolidated instructions on the subject of emergency leave for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) as under :
(i) Emergency’ leave will be granted for a maximum of 5 days in a completed calendar year of the engagement period or proportionate thereof The GDS will be paid TRCA as applicable during the period of emergency leave.
(ii)Emergency leave will be granted to GDS to take care of any emergent personal requirements.
(iii) Not more than two days emergency leave will be granted at a time No half day emergency leave will be granted.
(iv) Emergency leave cannot be carried forward or encashed or combined with paid leave.
(v) Sundays and Postal holidays falling during the period of emergency leave are not counted as part of emergency leave.
(vi) Sunday Postal holidays can be prefixed/suffixed to emergency leave.
(vii) Prior sanction from Divisional Office for (BPM) or Sub Divisional Office. Sr. PM, PM for (ABPM / Dak Sevak) is required
(viii) No full time substitute will be engaged against the resultant vacancy and duty/work of Branch Post Offices should be managed with combination of duties except in case of single handed BOS.
(ix) Emergency leave will not be granted to GDS who are under put off duty
(x) ALL GDS who are engaged on regular basis on the date of notification of introduction of Emergency leave and who fulfill all other conditions will be eligible for availing this leave
(xi) When a GDS stays beyond two days emergency leave at a time, the whole period shall be dobited against his/her paid leave account due. In case he/she is not having paid leave the period in excess of such leave due will be treated as unauthorized absence and the GDS shall not be entitled to any TRCA.
(xii) GDS will submit emergency leave application on a plain paper to
leave sanctioning authority by indicating the reason for availing such leave.
(xiii) Proper record of the emergency leave availed by GDS will be maintained by the leave sanctioning authority in the following proforma:-
EMERGENCY LEAVE AVAILED BY GDS
Name & Designation of the Leave Sanctioning Authority
3.This OM issues with the concurrence of Department of Personnel and Training vide their ID Note Number 14029/1/2017-Estt (Leave dated 14.12.2018.
4.The instructions guidelines contained in this OM shall take effect from 0101 2019.
5.Hindi version will follow.
Assistant Director General (GDS/PCC)
The Kamlesh Chandra Committee has recommended on Leave as follows…
- Provision of 26 weeks of Maternity Leave for women GDS has been recommended.
- The wages for the entire period of Maternity Leave is recommended to be paid from salary head from where wages of GDSs are paid.
- The Committee has also recommended one week of paternity leave.
- Leave accumulation and encashment facility up to 180 days has been introduced
More GDS News
- AIPEU-GDS Go For Two Days Strike On 8th &9th Jan 2019
- DoP – Issue Of Identity cards To The Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS)
- DoP Orders -Bonus Calculation 2018 For Postal Employees
- GDS – Dearness Allowance From July 2018
- Central Trade Unions Extend Support To GDS Struggle
- DoP Orders – Grant Of Scholarship To The Children Of Postal And GDS Employees
- GDS – Observance Of Three Phase Country Wide Agitational Programme
- Applicability Of New Wage Scale And Drawal Of Arrears To GDS Substitutes
- GDS Minutes Of Meeting Held On 31st July 2018
- DoP – Introduction Of Maternity Leave For Female GDS
- DoP – Revision Of Wages And Allowances To GDS
- AIGDSU Writes To PM
- Detailes Of GDS Committee Report News
- 16 Days Glorious GDS All India Strike
- GDS Strike Period as ‘No Work No Pay’
- GDS – Demands Of Unions/Federations On Wages
- Cabinet Approved Revision In The Wage Structure And Allowances Of GDS
- Cabinet Approved GDS Pay Revision
- Confederation – Historic GDS All India Strike
- GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS INDEFINITE STRIKE REACHES ON 7th DAY
- GDS – First Time In History 100% Went On Strike
- Indefinite Strike By GDS Unions – NFPE
- AIPEU-GDS – Indefinite Strike From 22nd May 2018
- GDS – Indefinite Strike From 22nd May 2018
- DoP – Enhance 139% To 142% DA To GDS From Jan 2018
- Salient Features Of One Man Committee About GDS Pay Revision
- FNPO – GDS Committee Report Latest
- FNPO – Implementation Process Of GDS Pay Committee Report
- Revision/Consolidation Of CCS(Fixation of Pay of Re-employed Pensioners) Orders, 1986 And Other Related Orders
- Confederation – Flash News on GDS Pay Committee Recommendations
- Gramin Dak Sevaks Committee Recommendations Will Be Implemented Soon
- Implementation Of GDS Pay Committee Report
- Lok Sabha Q&A About GDS Issue
- Payment Of DA To GDS Effective From 1st July 2017
- GDS PAY COMMITTEE NEW WAGE MATRIX
- GDS PAY COMMITTEE REPORT
- Latest Position Of GDS Committee Report
- Payment of DA to GDS (GDA) effective 01.01.2017 onwards
- Remuneration To Be Paid To The Gramin Dak Sevaks Engaged As Substitutes In Short Term Vacancies Of Postmen/Mail Guards And MTS
- Dependent Family Members Of Gramin Dak Sevak To Get Benefit On Compassionate Grounds
- Details Of The Recommendations Made By The Shri Kamlesh Chandra Committee
- Huge Number of Vacancies In various state of India Post
- GDS Committee Report – Pay Scale, Fitment Factor And Arrears
- GDS Committee Report – News