DoPT Orders On 22nd Nov 2018 – Personal Assistants Of CSSS To Private Secretaries On Ad-Hoc Basis
Promotion of Personal Assistants (PAs) of CSSS to Private Secretaries (PSs) of CSSS on ad-hoc basis
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi-110003
Dated the 22nd November, 2018
Subject:- Promotion of Personal Assistants (PAs) of CSSS to Private Secretaries (PSs) of CSSS on ad-hoc basis:-regarding
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OM of even No. dated 25.10.2018, 26.10.2018 and 02.11.2018 respectively on the above mentioned subject. All the cadre units were requested to conduct DPCs of the eligible PAs of CSSS as shown in the Annexure-I to the OM of even no. dated 25.10,2018 to assess suitability for ad-hoc promotion to the grade of PS for a period upto 30.06.2019 .
2. The Cadre Units were also requested to complete the exercise of conducting the DPC meeting within one month and send duly filled option form to this Department as per AnnexureII of OM dated 25.10.2018.
3. Based on the information received from the Cadre Units, the Competent Authority has decided to nominate the PAs whose names appear in Annexure-1 of this OM to post them to the Cadre Units indicated against their names for their promotion to the Grade of PS of CSSS purely on ad-hoc basis and after having been found ‘fit’ by the DPC and clear from vigilance angle.
4. The ad-hoc appointment of these officials shall take place with effect from the date they assume charge of the post of PS in the allocated Cadre Units. The ad-hoc appointment shall not confer on the appointees any right to continue in the grade indefinitely or for inclusion in the Select List of PS for regular appointment or to claim seniority in the PS Grade of CSSS. The period of ad-hoc promotion would be upto 30.06.2019 or till the regular PSs become available, whichever is earlier.
5. If any of the officers shown in the list is on deputation, he/she may be given the option to revert within one month with a view to avail of the Promotion. The ad-hoc promotion is subject to the conditions mentioned in para 3 of this Department’s OM of even number dated 10.2018.
6. The notification/order for promotion should be issued by allocated Cadre Units of officers after the due process is completed and a copy of such orders should invariably be endorsed to this Department for records. The fact that the appointment of the officer(s) would be subject to further orders which may be passed by Hon’ble Courts in the cases mentioned in para 3 (vi), (vii), (viii) and (ix) of OM dated 25.10.2018 and references to that extant in the connected court matters, should be clearly mentioned in the promotion order/notification.
7. Web Based Cadre Management System: Promotion of officers may be reflected in Web Based Cadre Management System. This is the responsibility of the nodal officers of all cadre units concerned.
Under Secretary to the Government of India