11th BPS – Work from Home Policy to Bank Employees – Charter of Demands 11th Bipartite
Work from Home Policy to Bank Employees – Charter of Demands 11th Bipartite
The Board of the largest Bank, State Bank of India recently approved the ‘Work from Home’ policy to enable its employees/officers to work while at home using mobile devices to address any urgent requirement they may have, which prevents their travelling to work. Now, the Bank informed that it will be using mobile computing technologies and shall have continuous control over all the enabled devices centrally to manage and secure the data and applications on the mobile devices.
charter of demands
The concept of “Work from Home” is a very welcome move, especially for the lady officers/employees. The increasing number of women in the Bank stands testimony to their faith in the Industry and their commitment amidst all the constraints. A large number of organizations have already come up with their action-plan to protect the interest of the women in our country. The trade unions in the organized sector have also contributed their mite to organize the women workers and help them in providing leadership to women workers and to espouse their cause with the Government and other agencies. Besides the IT Sector, the Banking Industry is one of the major sectors, employing a large number of women who are occupying several high positions in the organization. Hence, it is imperative on the part of the Bank as well to protect the interest of the women and ensure a congenial working environment along with the option to work from home at their convenience.
SBI is now in the process of identifying jobs that can be done from home. We had requested that the Concept of work from home be introduced to help our officers who are on sabbatical leave, sick leave and are unable to attend office for various reasons, but also capable of working from home or elsewhere. We are very happy that the Board of the Bank has approved it now. We would like to reiterate below a few areas where the concept of work from home can be introduced and hope that the Bank will implement the concept soon.
- Complaint management Knowledge helpline.
- HR helpline/ complaint resolution.
- App related queries and feedback resolution
- Customer Relationship Management.
- Customer Feedback.
- Credit appraisal Cross selling Marketing.
- Lead management Wealth management ATM cash out monitoring CSP monitoring.
- Inspection and Audit compliance monitoring.
- Salary processing and other HRMS linked activities under SAP ERP Market research for effective marketing and cross selling, telemarketing.
- KYC/ FATCA /PAN Seeding/ Aadhaar Seeding other statutory updates (with a trickle feed module) for bulk upload subsequently at front end.
- Legal support RTI Queries.
- NPA monitoring and recovery drive and follow-up.
- Help Desk.
- HR:Fitment, Scrutinizing Bills such as TA, LFC, Medical etc.
- Reservation rooster, promotion exercise data scrutiny, recruitment data scrutiny. Monitoring Job Family and Transfer Tools.
- Scrutinizing bills of vendors, Pathological lab (Tie up).
- Follow up of various Pan India initiatives (Present and future) such as: Migration to cloud server, 2 mbps leased line and backup connectivity,
- Branch Ambience etc.Vendor Management Services for faster resolution of issues of branch and monitoring of services of vendors.
Customized MIS Data preparation/presentation for seminars, meetings, Training etc.
We believe that the above mentioned jobs may be considered during implementation of the concept of work from home. We also demand for the implementation of the concept of “Work from Home” immediately.
Source : Banknewskumar