NFIR Writes Notification To Railway Board About 7th CPC Pay Matrix
No.IV/NFIR/7 CPC (Imp)/2016/R.B./part I
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Implementation of 7th CPC Pay Matrics – Pay fixation to staff – Anomaly resulting less pay to senior in comparison with junior – reg.
Ref: Notification issued by the Railway Ministry vide RBE No.90/2016 – Rule 10(2) therof.
NFIR desires to bring to the notice of the Railway Board, the anomalous situation arisen pursuant to sub-para (2) of Rule 10 of the Notification issued by the Railway Board vide RBE No.90/2016. A case on North Western Railway is cited below as example:-
- Mr.X and Y have been working as SSE in the Loco Workshop, Ajmer in GP 4600/- (Level 7). Mr. X is senior to Mr. Y.
- Both X & Y have been drawing pay equal to Rs.60,400/- on 1st July 2016. Both the employees are due for financial upgradation benefit under MACPS in the month of February 2017.
- Mr.X has been given financial upgradation under MACPS and his pay when fixed in Level 8 comes to Rs.62,200/-. His next increment is due on 1st January 2018 when his pay will raise to 64,100/-.
- Mr.Y has been denied financial upgradation due to ‘Good ACR’ for the year 2014. His pay on lst July 2017 will be Rs. 62,200/- in Level 7 which will be equal to Mr. Y’s pay as on 1st July 2017.
- When Mr.Y becomes fit for financial upgradation under MACPS sometime between July and December 2017, then his pay will be 64,100/- in Level 8 which will be equal to the pay of Mr.X in January 2018. Subsequently, when Mr.Y will be given next increment in January 2019 ultimately Mr. X will lag behind by six months despite being senior.
- The position mentioned above clearly reveals that senior has been put to loss by way of drop in emoluments. This needs to be remedied to do justice to senior employees.
NFIR, therefore, requests the Railway Board to examine the case in the light of above illustration and take necessary action for rendering justice to senior staff in whose case, the drop in emoluments has taken place. Federation may also be apprised of Board’s response early.